- Proven record of keeping our taxes low and economy thriving.
- Putting more Social Security income in the pockets of seniors.
- Dedicated to increasing teacher salaries.
- Supporting innovation and flexibility during the pandemic.
- Ensuring funding for a safer Bangerter Highway and I-215.
- Building new infrastructure for our growing population.
- Reducing regulations on small businesses.
- Supporting efforts to overcome COVID-19 and reopen our economy.
An architect of the largest tax cut in state history which cut the income tax rate by 30% and dramatically reduced the sales tax on food.
Preparing for the Future
Supported legislation to address the structural imbalance between Utah’s General Fund and Education Fund.
Dear Friends and Neighbors,We completed our last full week of the legislative session. We will adjourn the entire 2020 Legislative Session on Thursday, March 12th. We have passed a little over 200…
Dear Friends and Neighbors,This legislative session is flying by! We just completed week 5 of the legislative session, so we now have two weeks left to conduct our business. Most notably, in the next…
Dear Friends and Neighbors, It is hard to believe, but we passed the halfway mark of the session midway through week 4. There is still much to be done, but we still have…
Dear Friends and Neighbors,We have now completed week 3 of the legislative session and we have passed 57 bills total. Last year by the conclusion of the legislative session we passed a total…
Dear Friends and Neighbors, I hope you all stayed safe on the roads this last week with all of the snow. While many schools and government entities closed last Monday, we still…
Week 1 in Review of the 2020 Legislative Session